Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Full Spread

I haven't posted in a while due to busyness, but I assure you I do continue to eat. Here is a recent meal for two of vegetarian tacos with fresh made salsa, and green salad with balsamic dressing. Big meals are always a bit of an exercise in eclecticism at my place, as I obviously don't have sets of dishes and I've generally chosen my pots based on their individual aesthetic qualities. That means I don't have pots that fit into any sort of planned functional role, and that many typical utilitarian niches in my kitchen are vacant. For example, I don't have specific salad bowls, or cruets, or serving platters. My meal servings tend to be created in a hodgepodge fashion where the presentation is a function of contingency (whichever dishes happen to be clean) and whim (however I decide to work around the functional shortcomings of my pottery collection). The results, I think, are generally pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment